Request an Appointment
Your HVAC Could Be FAILING If It’s Showing ONE of These Signs
When an HVAC system starts to fail, you may notice some strange noises coming from it. While some of these noises may be normal, others can signal that something is wrong with the system and that it is time to replace it. Here are some common noises that may indicate HVAC failure.
1. Rattling – One of the most common signs of HVAC failure is a rattling sound coming from your heating and cooling system. This could be caused by a few things, such as loose parts in the system, debris caught in the fan blades, or an unbalanced motor.
2. Squealing – If you hear a high-pitched squealing sound coming from your HVAC system, it is likely a sign that the blower motor belt has worn out and needs to be replaced. The belt is responsible for helping the motor run, so when it begins to fail, it will make an unpleasant sound. This can also be caused by an issue with the bearings in the blower motor or the fan motor, both of which require professional attention.
3. Grinding – Hearing a grinding sound? This sound may be coming from any part of the HVAC system and can indicate a serious issue. The grinding sound could come from the motor, blower, compressor, or fan belt. If you hear any grinding sounds coming from your HVAC system, it’s important to have a professional inspect your system right away.
4. Buzzing – Another common sign that your HVAC system is not functioning properly is a buzzing sound. If you hear a loud, persistent buzzing noise coming from your HVAC system, it could be an indication that something is wrong. It could be anything from an issue with the blower motor to a faulty compressor. The buzzing sound is usually caused by an electrical problem, and it should be addressed as soon as possible to avoid more serious damage to the system.
5. Clicking – If you’re hearing a clicking sound coming from your HVAC unit, it could indicate a problem with the motor or the compressor. This sound usually means that the electrical contacts are either worn out or corroded and need to be replaced. The clicking noise is usually accompanied by a burning smell which can be dangerous if not addressed quickly. It’s important to have a professional technician take a look at your system to diagnose the issue. In some cases, the clicking noise can be caused by dirt buildup in the ducts and filters, which should be addressed as soon as possible to ensure proper airflow.
If you hear any of these noises, it’s important to call our Healthy Home team to diagnose and repair the problem as soon as possible. Ignoring strange noises from your HVAC system can lead to further damage and more costly repairs in the future. Our technicians at Healthy Home are ready to diagnose the issue and determine the right course of action for your older, failing system!